Zoom Protocols for All Attendees
Please follow these guidelines as you prepare for and participate in the 29th Ezra Pound International Conference.
1. Make sure your name (as written on your Registration Form) is displayed on your profile when you access the Zoom sessions.
2. Turn off your “video” (camera icon) when the presentations begin. You can turn it on again during the Q&A. You are welcome to use a virtual background if your computer allows the use of that feature.
3. Be respectful of others and be aware of your actual and virtual environments.
4. Do not take screenshots, cell phone pictures, or record the meeting without permission to do so.
5. Please “mute” your microphone when you are not talking. This helps eliminate background noise.
6. During the presentations, use “Chat” only if you are experiencing technical difficulties; the Session Host or the backup Co-Host will respond. During the Q&A, you can use the “Chat” to direct questions to presenters or panelists. The session chair will ask the questions aloud. You can ask questions using the microphone, too.
For more information on Zoom functions, visit Zoom’s support page.
Click on keywords below if you have questions on these specific Zoom functions:
Virtual Backgrounds Audio & Video Chat
Zoom FAQs Other Zoom Resources
For the optimal Zoom experience, you should download Zoom from the website (Desktop Client).